Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I will fear no evil....

Michael and I are being silly waiting for Lynn and Angela to return...we are stranded but not scared! We had a spot of car troubles....it wouldn't start, not even a slight cough from the engine.....dead....we needed help which was 10 km away! Lynn Hacker and Angela Rehorn set off while Michael and I stayed with the vehicle just in case help came.....at least I could drive the manual transmission on the right,  in a pinch after living in Australia
We were surrounded by the beauty of the African bush....also tsetse flies and mosquitoes too!


Michael and I climbed on top of Lynn's vehicle to watch and wait....we prayed too!

On the lookout!

Beautiful and dangerous bush...yet we did not need to fear as the LORD was with us and He sent help within two hours.....we had a true African adventure

So do not fear,  for I am with you; do not be dismayed, 
for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

It is not often that one gets stranded in the middle of the bush of Africa! Yet most of us have times when we are in tough situations......we feel isolated, abandoned, unprotected and very vulnerable. Our little adventure was a great life lesson and illustration of God's faithfulness and protection. Thankfully, we knew that the LORD was with us and would never leave us! There was no room for fear in my mind...as it was protected by scriptures and capturing every thought in obedience to Christ...be anxious for nothing! Casting all your care upon Him for He cares for you......!
 
Is there someone to whom you can encourage with this important truth today?


No comments:

Post a Comment