Sunday, October 5, 2014

Thank you for praying! Heading back to Niger on October 21st

-->
Prayer Requests-October 21-November 5, 2014 (Maureen Sloan)
W  
Willing and obedient heart to serve the LORD through the CURE Niger staff and patients
 ‘ I desire to do your will, O my God.’ Psalm 40:8
‘For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose.’ Philippians 2:13
E
Exalting God’s greatness in a country that is 98% Moslem
 ‘Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.’ Psalm 46:10
S
Serving with joy! Strength and health are needed in the hot climate.
‘The LORD gives strength to His people; the LORD blesses His people with peace.’ Psalm 29:11
T
Training and teaching with Christian character, values and perspective.
‘Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. ‘ Colossians 3:23-24

A
 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.’  2Corinthians 9:8
F
Fluency in French in daily conversations and as I train nurses and participate in staff devotions. (1 Corinthians 14:19…I would rather speak five intelligible words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue.) My five words would be: Christ died for our sins.   Six words in French are-Christ est mort pour nos péchés
R
Righteousness for God’s glory
‘ For as the soil makes the sprout come up and a garden causes seeds to grow, so the Sovereign LORD will make righteousness and praise spring up before all nations.’ Isaiah 61:11
I
Kingdom increase and fruitfulness
“He must increase, but I must decrease.’ John 3:30
C
Courage and wisdom in sharing the good news
‘Be strong and do the work.’ 1 Chronicles 28:10b
‘Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.’ Joshua 1:9
A
Attitude of humility and trust in difficult situations
‘Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus…’ Philippians 2:5
‘When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul.’ Psalm 94:19
Congratulations! Certificate ceremony for staff

Sweet times visiting at the 'case de passage' adjoining the hospital

Anne and JF....beautiful wonderful friends....sister and brother to me in so many ways!! 





Doing the work of the day together!

Great opportunities to train the nurses and visiting doctors in a Christian Worldview of patient care

This has always been one of my favorite pictures as this gal came to us undernourished and after many months grew, had surgery and thrived......along with her family....this little one even got the attention of her village leaders!

No comments:

Post a Comment