Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Worlds apart-Paris and Niger

Here I am in Paris for a day on my way to Niger! I loved walking around the city and visiting the Musee D'Orsay.


This little fellow is called Abel. He has a beautifully painted cast with his name on it. He is such a jolly little guy. He is going to be able to run and play 'football' (soccer) one day!

This is our village clinic being set up last Saturday. We had quite a good set up with a pharmacy, family medicine doctor, small lab and three nursing stations.

This was my set up....no electronic charting! We managed to see about 64 patients. I saw whoever was sent to me. We treated everything from malaria, gout, impetigo, GERD....

 This is not for those with a squeamish stomach! This dear woman has a long history of diabetes and she has stasis ulcers that will not heal as she has very poor circulation. I could not feel any peripheral pulses. I dressed the wounds and referred her to the hospital in the city. She will most likely loose this leg. 

Once again, we are having CPR classes. These two young men have been waiting for a whole year for me to offer this class. 

 Although, Paris and Niger are worlds apart, the gospel is the same. It is a privilege to be able to offer words of life and plant seeds of the gospel wherever the LORD sends me.


For as the earth brings forth its sprouts, and as a garden causes what is sown in it to sprout up, so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to sprout up before all the nations. Isaiah 61:11

No comments:

Post a Comment