Thursday, August 24, 2017

Restoring the broken

One of our amazing cases of two brothers with very deformed legs....here is the older brother with his first surgery to straighten his legs. Wow, this young man is going to be so tall when the surgeries finished! Even JF our surgeon is surprised.
Our friend is leaving the ward for the hostel which is on the hospital property. He will stay there with his mother and brother until the next phase of his treatment. This young fellow is so happy....I didn't catch his smile in this photo. He is also deaf but seems to read lips well and just rolls with life. He has such a calm attitude towards everything. I learn so much from our patients.

So many of our little ones who come to CURE are starved for affection. Today, I had three kiddos on my lap for morning devotions. They messed up my hair, smoushed my fresh dress and dirtied up my clean white pants....but who cares....they just wanted me to put my arms around them, sing to them, pray over them and acknowledge that they are special. Jesus loves these little ones......I know for the Bible tells me so!


These kids just vie for attention....and love to see their faces on the selfie mode of the phone! It is all part of loving and restoring these dear ones while they are with us.

Sodogas our special Physical Therapist, is helping a young man who is post op and learning to walk with a heavy cast using crutches. He has a lot of patience and kindness towards these little ones.....day after day!
 Sometimes it feels like I am the broken one. My heart is so overwhelmed with the brokenness, poverty, sickness and hopelessness of the people we see day after day. Yet it is always good to remember what I have learned this summer while studying Ephesians 6:10-18...the armor of God is actually putting on the person of the LORD Jesus Christ....being hidden in Him for our daily struggles and joys, too!
Today this hymn has been on my heart and it has blessed me very much...maybe it will you too?


How Sweet the Name of Jesus Sounds

How sweet the name of Jesus sounds in a believer's ear!
It soothes his sorrows, heals his wounds, and drives away his fear.

It makes the wounded spirit whole and calms the troubled breast;
'Tis manna to the hungry soul and to the weary rest.

Dear name! The Rock on which I build, my Shield and Hiding Place, 
My never failing treasure filled with boundless stores of grace!

Jesus my Shepherd, Brother, Fried, My Prophet, Priest and King, 
My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End, accept the praise I bring.

Weak is the effort of my heart and cold my warmest thought;
But when I see Thee as Thou art, I'll praise Thee as I ought.

Till then I would Thy love proclaim with every fleeting breath;
And may the music of Thy name Refresh my soul in death.
  

Well folks, it was a great day at the hospital, having a small role in restoring the broken. It was great praying together, playing with the children and participating in wound care today. There are many layers to the work here that all add up to restoration physically, socially and hopefully spiritually too. May it all be done to the honor of the name of JESUS CHRIST our LORD and SAVIOR.

No comments:

Post a Comment