Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Tuesday Musings--Rain, Rounds, Bandages and Blessings!

Tuesday morning rain fell steadily and abundantly on our way to the hospital
We saw many ponds, rivers and 'lakes' made by the accumulation of water

And how would you get to work?

Morning rounds includes Joel our CURE Kids Coordinator loving on the sweet patients. I didn't capture his smile but the children just love him. He is so comforting for the little ones. Thanks Joel!!
So happy to have a nice supply of rolled bandages supplied by the Workers Together Ladies Sewing Circle from Boca Raton Bible Chapel in Boca Raton, Florida.


See how we are using these hand rolled bandages! Thank you!
One of our wound care tables is assembled and ready....including the above mentioned bandages.
Pretty girl and her grandfather. She was actually smiling when I showed her this picture. She was giggling as I chatted with her. These pretty bandages are such a blessing. I like to think that as this bandage surrounds her head, this dear little girl will experience the loving everlasting arms of the LORD Jesus Christ in her life one day!
Dear Djamilla, a nurse I have known since the beginning of my journeys to CURE Niger, came to visit me on her vacation time. She especially wanted to greet me and ask about Pappa Paul. Feeling so very loved by the nurses here! Relationships are so important! I have known her for nearly 7 years.



This sweet girl has suffered many burns on her arms and legs. She is so happy and jolly in spite of all her grafts and wounds. Every morning when I am at devotions, this little girl likes to sit with me or on my lap. These dear children just love all the affection that you can give them. It is very refreshing that they do not ask for anything....just to be with me! Of course, it is my joy to occasionally bring stickers, lollipops and other little treats.


It is always a joy to greet and take a picture for those who want one....even if we do not speak the same language. It is as if the picture affirms them and gives them a moment of connection between us. What joy!




No comments:

Post a Comment