Sunday, August 13, 2017

The beginning of a new visit to Niger- A Song of Consecration by Frances Brook

My God is God Himself

My goal is God Himself not joy, nor peace
nor even blessing but Himself, my God
'Tis His to lead me there, not mine but His--
At any cost dear Lord any road.
So faith bounds forward to its goal in God
And love can trust her Lord to lead her there
Upheld by Him, my soul is following hard
Till God Hath fulfilled by deepest prayer.
No matter if the way be sometimes dark
No matter though the cost be ofttimes great 
He knoweth how I best shall reach the mark
the way that leads to Him must needs be strait.
One thing I know, I cannot say Him nay,
One thing I do, I press towards my LORD
My God my glory here from day to day
And in the glory there my Great Reward. 
Nearly 7 years ago, I had the privilege of being invited as a Nurse Consultant to CURE Hôpital des Enfants au Niger!


It is an awesome privilege to return again and again to this wonderful country of Niger. It often ranks as one of the worst places in the world for infants and women yet there is so much hope and incredible courage in the dear people. It is going to be another opportunity for me to learn, to grow and to encourage my dear colleagues and patients. Thank you to those who are keeping an eye on my activities and praying for the work here (& me). To God be all Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment