Monday, January 20, 2014

Sunday in Mbale-The Red Sea Rule #4 PRAY!

Pastor Wilberforce preaching on repentance

Praise Choir singing and dancing joyfully onto the LORD

After church I swam and took a long walk home through the old golf course...beautiful scenery!

I lift up my eyes to the hills......my help comes from the LORD the Maker of Heaven and Earth!
The beauty of Uganda makes me lift my heart in praise to the LORD!

I can never get enough of looking at the mountain and cloud formations....it helps me forget about my concerns and think about Jesus coming in the clouds......just as He ascended into Heaven in Acts 1:9
The Red Sea Rules were written to help us cope with difficult times. Although I cannot say that I am going through a particularly difficult time, I see the benefit of these principles. Number four is PRAY! How often do I, do you, forget to pray? Often when we are in trouble, the first thing we do is pick up the phone to call someone of complain. Joyce Meyers says...'go to the Throne before you pick up the phone'. I think that is good advice. We should go to the LORD before we go anywhere else. This Sunday in Mbale, I enjoyed the Word of God preached by Pastor Wilberforce. He spoke about Repentance which seems to be a theme around here. The hospital staff are doing a little booklet study on repentance and the morning devotions for this month have this theme. Prayer and repentance go hand in hand. Sometimes when we are going through hard times, we forget the basics!  Some times the difficulties are of our own making. All the more reason to pray for God to help us to get back on track just like the track in the picture above.
We have been talking about confession, renouncing sin and bearing fruits of repentance. The bottom line is that we cannot change ourselves. We must rely on the help of the Holy Spirit to transform our thinking, speaking and relationships.

Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.   Acts 3:19

Prayer is integral to repentance. Prayer is to play and major role in our lives as believers. Whether the times are good or bad....our fault or someone else's prayer is essential!!

All in all it was a super Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment