Monday, October 15, 2012

Showers of Blessings!

What a delightful welcome to Niger yesterday! I was met at the airport by my dear sister in Christ and friend Anne Negrini and teenage daughter. Warm greetings were expressed by all. Before I sat down, I was handed a lovely cup of coffee by Jean Francois.....Grandma needs coffee! I am feeling very loved. The dear Negrini children loved up on me which was such a joy!
The Lehman family invited the new Executive Director and me to dinner. It was so delicious! Christine spoiled us with homemade lasagne. We sat and chatted for quite a while about transitions and changes for all of us around the table. So grateful for the unchanging character of God who is always there, always compassionate and ever faithful.
How interesting when our circumstances put is in different places and seasons. So glad that our Lord is the same, yesterday and forever.  The welcome and dinner were great blessings! Leron greeted me with Welcome Home.....and indeed Niamey, Niger is a second home for me!


The Men at dinner
 The next shower of blessing was more literal.....we had a huge rain fall at the end of the work day today! Usually the rains for the year have stopped by now...I was so amazed at the amount of rain that fell....came pouring in a crack in the roof! This is Africa! After mopping up as best as I could, I noted that the sun was shining and everything was drying out again. Even the floors where the roof had leaked was drying up quickly.  What a blessing rain is to the farmers and to the dear people who live in constant need of fresh water to drink, bathe and wash clothes. We take too  much for granted! You all know I am not a very good photographer or videographer. Perhaps you will get the idea!




  
Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all His benefits. 
Psalm 103:2

No comments:

Post a Comment