Saturday, October 13, 2012

Sustaining prayers!

These encouraging emails have been a lifeline to me this week and today as I travel.  Words cannot express my joy and pleasure in receiving them from my dear sister-in-Christ  Carol.  Although Carol has her own concerns she took the time to bless me with these scriptures and prayers! Several of us attempted to pray for this mission and a dear friend one day this week.  We ended up in a hospital emergency room. The Lord taught us many lessons of His wonderful love. He also taught me this week that He will encourage me with prayer, in His way and His time.
On Sunday, it was a huge blessing to be commissioned and prayed for by my pastor....a dear young man whose mother was in my BSF class at Immanuel Baptist Church when BSF evening classes for women started. Can you see and feel the faithfulness of God?!!! (Full circle)

Please be blessed as I was.......

My Dear Sister . . .

Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.  Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. 
Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this; He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
(Psalm 37:3-6)

Precious Maureen, this morning in my quiet time the Lord led me to this Psalm (one of my favorites) multiple times.  These verses always encourage and convict me as well, because I do not trust the Lord with EVERY area of my life at all times.  BUT, He is so patient, merciful and gracious towards me in my human weakness as I tend to put my trust in myself to get things done or when I think/worry about the future and how I will respond to different situations.  He knows us so much better than we know ourselves, including our human frailties.  Yet, we have the ability to come to Him and put our trust in Him every moment of the day.  He will meet all of our needs in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19)  AMEN!!

So, as I pray for you today and in the days to come, I am asking the Lord to prepare your heart, mind, body, and soul for what is ahead of you.  I am praying that He will fill you with His peace as you prioritize what you need to do before leaving on Saturday, as well as having the time to pack, make final arrangements, etc. 

I love you dear, sister and am holding you up right now. 

Much love,
Carol  :)

Good morning, Maureen! 
    "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."  Psalm 46:10

I am praying for you this morning and hope all is well as you leave for Niger! 

Precious Abba Father, you are holy, holy, holy!  We praise your Almighty name.  We thank you for our sister, Maureen, who you have called to return to Niger this morning, serving you through the CURE ministry.  Please keep her safe and secure on her journey. Protect her on the flights; protect her luggage and the materials she is bringing with her.  Fill Maureen with your Holy Spirit, dress her in your mighty armor, give her Your discernment and wisdom as she travels as well as when she arrives in Niger.  Give Maureen the physical strength and endurance she needs to accomplish Your work.  May the beautiful light of Jesus shine through her as You use her to minister to the people of Niger.  And, we thank you for Your protection of her from the evil and dark forces that are at work in that part of the world.  Please be with Paul and her family while she is away.  Help and comfort their hearts as they endure these next weeks in Maureen's absence.  Father, we thank you for hearing these spoken and unspoken petitions and for answering them according to Your will in Christ Jesus.  Thank you for loving and saving us.  You are an Awesome God!!

And now, Maureen . . .
    "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace!"                                                                                                                                      (Numbers 6:24-26)

I love you, precious sister, and will continue to keep you in my prayers.  Take care and God Bless You!

Much love,
Carol  :)

**** Thank you so much for all the prayers, dear Carol and others! Diana, Elaine, Patty, Jennifer, Bettye, Sarah, Ruth and of course my dear family have helped me so much this busy week. May the Lord be seen large in all aspects!!
Soulange and me! Oh wouldn't it be great to see her again?


No comments:

Post a Comment