Saturday, November 2, 2013

Leading with integrity and skill for God's glory!





Angle is the nurse manager who is completing her 3 year assignment  in Niger. Thank you Angele!!  In this picture we are preparing to go to a village clinic. We love working together.

And David shepherded them with integrity of heart; with skillful hands he led them.
Psalm 78:72




It is with bittersweet anticipation that I return to Niger next Wednesday, November 6th, 2013. It is hard to believe that the CURE Hospital in Niger is more than 3 years old! It is a great joy to be returning to a country and a people that I love. It is also a little sad that my dear sister in Christ Angele will soon complete her assignment with CURE Niger. She is 'graduating' to her next calling to serve the LORD. What a gracious and precious sister Angele is to me!
When young people in their 30's are so passionate about the LORD and His kingdom purposes, my faith is strengthened and encouraged!
When I visited CURE International Headquarters yesterday, I was struck by all the wonderful gorgeous young people who were enthusiastically serving the LORD. Like Angele they were committed to doing their best to serve 'the least of these' around the world. ( I digress)

What I shared with several yesterday is my prayer and blessing for CURE International Staff at their Headquarters.  This morning I share the same for my dear sister Angele.

Angele has been like King David, the king who was called to be a person after God's own heart. She has shepherded many within the hospital and without. Angele has a heart to lead people to excellence in their lives. The way she leads is with integrity....truth, honesty and complete transparency. Her life is one that exemplifies sacrifice and loving concern for others...her patients, her nurses, her friends and family members.
Angele is leaving behind a group of nurses that who have improved clinically and developed professionally as a team. Thank you, Angele!!
Yes, indeed, Angele used her skillful hands to lead and bring healing to many boys and girls.
She would say, 'Gloire a Dieu' or Dieu 'Merci' For those who may not understand....Glory to God and Thanks be to God!

My prayer requests as I go are simple:

Never wavering in my response to God's call
Integrity in all that I do
Gratitude and Guidance in daily work
Energy, Enthusiasm, Encouragement to serve staff and patients
Reliance on and resting in the LORD!!

Thank you for praying for me as I go. Please know that I am so thankful for the supportive work that prayer is to this journey.
I will have the joy of meeting the up and coming nurse manager, Elodie. There will be classes to teach. There will be meetings, demonstrations, mentoring, auditing, encouraging, challenging greeting, organizing, singing, laughing, trying to communicate in my quebeqois French. Most importantly, I will be called to share the love and light of Jesus Christ to bring healing to these dear people!



No comments:

Post a Comment