Saturday, November 16, 2013

Life Saving Classes at CURE NIiger



Jesus told her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this Martha?"  John 11:25, 26 NLT
God created everything through him and nothing was created except through him.  The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it. John 1:3-5 NLT 

These words from the Bible and many others related to God giving life swirled through my head this week as I began to give CPR classes to all the non-medical staff at the hospital.  It has been so much fun! The staff are so pleased and proud to be included in these training sessions. I can only handle a maximum of 6 at a time so the classes are repeated over and over. Each time I lead these classes I am reminded that these techniques are a common grace like medicines to help people. Yet, I know full well that 'our times are in his hands'....I cannot give life or resurrect it, only God can do that. At the beginning of each class I prayed with the staff asking the LORD to help them understand and succeed in practicing the techniques of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). I also prayed that each one would know the LORD who gives life, sustains life and gives the life eternal. The men and women who were in each session were delightful! We worked hard together and laughed and laughed. My French is not wonderful but the classes were so patient and attentive to explanations. I am excited for next week for more classes. Here are a few pictures......
Adult mannequins are ready!

Infant mannequins are ready!

Sefi from housekeeping practicing CPR


What a wonderful, enthusiastic class!


These three male employees were great students and learned quickly and very well.

Women wanted me to have a baby on my back....it's just a mannequin!
Look how precious these men are in learning the techniques for a choking baby? What joy!



No comments:

Post a Comment