Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wednesday Praise Time

Good morning! How was your night? Praise the Lord! Amen! Are the frequent daily exchanges here at CURE Mbale! Wednesday praise and worship time is very popular for all the staff and visitors. It is a wonderful cultural experience but beyond that it is a great privilege to raise our voices in thanksgiving to God!
We were challengedthiss morning that Monday prayer groups and Tuesday Bible studies are not as well attended...I think it is the same in the USA. We are so glad to open our mouths to talk and sing yet not so comfortable listening to what God has to say in His Word to us!
I'll carry that thought with me for a long time! It is difficult to surrender to Christ's authority. It is a daily, hourly, moment by moment struggle. Thankfully Philippians 4:13 promises that I can do all things....even submission to His authority...by His strength. Now that's GRACE! Jesus Christ, my Lord gives me the power to do right.
My scripture reading in Colossians 1:16,17 (yes, that's Tabletalk devotional)this morning reminded me that Jesus Christ is my Creator, Savior and Sustainer of my life. The realities of Christ's power to bring joy, satisfaction, peace and purpose to life serving day by day here and there are becoming more abundant!
I am off to Bududa to visit Agnes our Compassion Child! I am so excited!

1 comment:

  1. I am amazed you go all day long and still have time and energy to write an interesting daily blog.

    ReplyDelete