Saturday, August 21, 2010

Serving together: Lauren

Lauren with a dear little baby at CURE Mbale Hospital

 It was great fun getting to know Lauren during the GO Team Uganda mission trip! Lauren is a team worker. She has a gentle spirit.....strength under control. I enjoyed her calm, competent and joyful spirit. Lauren was usually always smiling and 'loving-up' on the babies! We were guilty of making fun of her Southern accent from Arkansas! "Do you mean pin or pen?"
We were so grateful for Lauren, Sam, Anna and Kasie who helped with the CIC at the Mbarara mobile clinic. Lauren and I had some wonderful conversations on the long, long bus ride from Mbarara to Mbale. She was my right arm in helping when one team member was ill. Lauren is a great nurse! Lauren's love for vulnerable children and women is evident in her sweet concern and care given to mothers and their children alike. Thank you, Lauren for all your tender care to a grieving mother....your presence meant so much to her!  I am excited to see Lauren's nursing career and ministry unfold in the future. Surely, the Lord will use this CURE GO Team experience as training for something wonderful in her life. Thanks for coming!
 May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace. Every time I think of you I give thanks to my God. Philippians 1:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment