Monday, April 16, 2012

Feeling tired...?

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31


In a country that is hot, dry and experiencing famine along with an influx of people fleeing from neighboring nations...the situation is overwhelming and exhausting.

Fatigue is physical, emotional, spiritual......how to overcome? No simple answers.....

I am so tired today...more than I have experience before in my life.....yet clinging to the promise of renewed strength,  I made it through this day.

Spent the whole day in the Wound Dressing Room and finished with an hour meeting the the nurse manager.  We completed our time in prayer.  How refreshing to be able to come to our Heavenly Father and feel His living water that satisfies the deepest need.

There is so little here and little to hope for in the future, yet the LORD's promises are sure.

I am praising the Lord for bringing me safely and smoothly to Niger. All luggage arrived intact. What a blessing in travel.  The Lord has given me cool water to drink, lovely homecooked meals and dear ones to welcome me!

Today I spent the whole day in the Wound Care Room...saw some incredible sights. Tomorrow I will spend the day in the outpatient clinic.

Will wisely go to bed now.  God is good. All the time...He is good...because that is His nature.

Anticipating renewed strength in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment