Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Niger Bound....on a wing and a prayer!

We live in quite a world.....I never flew until I was 17 or 18 years old and now I am flying overseas several times a year!  Each time, I think, I'll pack smarter, pack lighter, be more organized etc....the Lord keeps reminding me that I am not in control, not even capable of doing any of this without the help of the body of Christ and His gracious strength.
This morning as Paul and I sipped our last cup of coffee together before he headed to the hospital, I was amazed at how much closer we have grown in our relationship. Obedience influences every area of our lives. God has blessed us so much....and we want to be a blessing to others.
What a joy to share a partnership that is complimentary......I'm bubbly, he's thoughtful, I talk a lot, he listens a lot, I have a calling with CURE overseas, he has a calling at the University of Kentucky! I love to talk about my relationship and serving God....Paul lives it....using words when necessary.  Paul not only supports this calling financially, but he supports me emotionally and prays for me daily too. One way that Paul helps me during all these extended times apart...is for us to plan special times together. When I get back, we will plan to have some special time in Peoria visiting Baby George...who is now 20 months. Now, that is a plan that any Grandma can get excited about! What can I say, but thank you to my dear Heavenly Father for giving me such a great husband!
It will be Paul's birthday on October 10th....and since I'll be away....HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEETHEART! May you be blessed and encouraged on your special day.
Next time I blog, I expect it will be from Niger. Thank you for praying for me!

1 comment:

  1. You dear sister, are living the dream. I am not jealous of your journey for I too, am living the dream. Walking in His will brings joy no matter what the circumstances and I know you face many difficulties. I will continue to pray for you.

    My sweetheart turns 58 on Saturday. life is good.
    I am making reservations at Flag Fork for some of my dearest friends and prayer partners tomorrow(8th) and I will remember you and the good visit we had there.

    GOD be with you as you travel.
    charlotte

    ReplyDelete