Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Middle of the night musings

When anxiety was great within me, Your consolation brought joy to my soul. (Psalm 94:19 NIV)

Ever wake up in the middle of the night overwhelmed with the 'to do' list?

Yes, that was me last night or wee hours of the morning...wide eyed and terrified! This verse is my go-to one that reminds me of what a great source of comfort and consolation I have in the Lord. It is the verse that helps me to capture my thoughts in obedience to Christ. No need to park my mind in worry-land! There is a source of comfort.

What is this consolation?
  • The strong character of our Lord...His wisdom, mercy, grace, love, power, ever-presence...
  • The strong actions of our Lord...forgiving sins, redeeming life, sustaining life, teaching...
  • The strong love of our Lord...Romans 8:28-35 Nothing can separate us from God's love expressed through Jesus Christ
  • The strong promises of Jesus Christ....if He is for us, who can be against us?
A friend blessed me the other day with the words from Joshua 1:9...

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

What a great reminder as we gear up for travels to Uganda. There are many details yet to be completed but with God's strength and in His time, we will get there!

Now that is truly consolation for my soul.....Joy!

With that...I think I'll go back to bed now....to sleep!


No comments:

Post a Comment