Thursday, July 1, 2010

Twenty six days to take off!

What is this fifty-something, Grandma doing this summer? Planting a few flowers, enjoying the beach, entertaining Ethiopian friends, sending daughters to France, visiting Montreal.....and plenty more! But that's not all....can you believe it I'm getting set for another adventure in Uganda? I am so excited as our team prepares for departure. We are a group of ten people--varied in backgrounds, ages and interests yet all have a calling to serve God through CURE International in Uganda this summer.
We have been preparing for months learning a little about the culture of Uganda, the hospital and communities we will visit, getting shots, gathering supplies and making to-do lists.
The closer I get to departure, I am overwhelmed with the huge responsibility of taking 9 others with me to Africa. Although this journey is familiar to me, the unfamiliar future taunts me with 'what ifs?'
Ah...this where the rubber hits the road in my relationship with God....fear or faith?

I am determined to live by Philippians 4:13.

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

The Message Bible says it this way...I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.

Through Christ and in Christ (the Him and One of these verses) God's kingdom work and purposes will be done. Christ Jesus, the Son of God, powerful Creator, Savior and Sustainer of life is the source of energy to get the job done. So with this encouragement, today there will be total dependency upon God's wisdom and strength to work on team preparations and packing! Roll on July 26th!


3 comments:

  1. So excited to be able to be better informed of your work and how God is using you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three family blogs now! Wow. A great way to keep up with your travels. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete