Monday, July 19, 2010

Sacrifice---what we must leave behind as we serve.....

There is much excitement in our upcoming GO Team adventure to Uganda. But, let's be real...it is not all fun and white water rafting! There are many new things to learn. There are wonderful people to meet. There are many new responsibilities to undertake. There are many life lessons to learn. There are new understandings of God and His world to internalize. There are sacrifices to be made.....
finances
time
leaving behind.....conveniences, comforts, family and friends....familiar language, familiar food, familiar accommodations, familiar way of viewing life.  What must I leave behind? What will I be missing while on this journey? My husband, son, his wife, grandson and two daughters......plus all the rest of the extended family. This picture shows my two daughters on either side of one of my four nieces! In the middle is my lovely niece Rebecca.....how I wish she was coming....maybe another time? Marie on the left is in France, studying French (of course) and ballet this summer. Marie will complete her time in France with a visit to some dear missionary friends in Auch. Anne on the right, is starting medical school the day we leave for Mbarara. One sacrifice I will be making is missing her white coat ceremony on Friday, August 6th......who would have known that when we planned this GO Team trip?.....God did!

But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness(Matthew 6:33)......My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness(2 Corinthians 12:9).....the only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love (Galatians 5:6b)

No comments:

Post a Comment